Friday, November 13, 2009

Today's adventure

Well adventure may be overstating it. I decided to save Sutter's Fort for next week because my legs are still hurting quite a bit. I did take a shorter walk around my neighborhood though. This is really a lovely neighborhood to walk in. There are some nice houses and the trees are just beautiful right now. I love all the leaves falling. I'm like a little kid - I like walking through them to make noise. If I wasn't so self-conscious I'd probably jump up & down in them! I didn't take pictures today but I have a couple from yesterday afternoon I thought I'd post.

The first is the Tower Bridge. I was driving over it into downtown and took this picture. Don't ask how, I'm pretty sure it would have been a ticketable offense. . . The second is the McKinley Library. Sacramento has 28 branch libraries. My goal is to visit all of them. The McKinley Library is the 2nd I've visited. It's pretty cool - it's a small library but I still managed to find some books! Actually I like small libraries as much as large ones. Going to a small branch let's you look at all the books not just browse sections you're interested in. That way you find things you didn't know you wanted.

Tomorrow I'm going to my 3rd branch - the E.K. McClatchy Library. It's the one closest to me and they are having their annual open house tomorrow. It seemed a good time to visit! I'll report on that tomorrow. Right now I'm off to the laundromat (I sure miss my washer & dryer!). I'll bet you're all envying me my exciting life!







2 comments:

Paul said...

Mid-town is a great area for walking & I'm real glad you're out doing it! Why do you want to go to all the libraries? You read too much, do something else!

I like all your pictures & the musical clip! You're doing great honey, I'm proud of you.

robin michelle said...

It's impossible to read too much. I can't believe that someone could live here for 30 years & not have gone to all the libraries at least once! I'm glad you liked the music!