Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reading about Sacramento


Just one picture and a short post today! I wasn't going to take any on my walk because I think I'm getting carried away with leaves and tree pictures. This was so pretty I couldn't resist though - fortunately I had brought my iphone with me!

I wanted to read about Sacramento history and I found a book at the library that I started reading last night, Sacramento Indomitable City by Steven M. Avella. It's a short overview but seems pretty interesting. I'm in the gold rush era right now which I already knew quite a bit about so right now I'm just refreshing my memory. Once out of the gold rush though I'm pretty ignorant so I should be learning something tonight!

2 comments:

stexeira said...

this is so cool. i haven't been here in a while, but I love what you're doing and how you're documenting your new home.

robin michelle said...

Thank you! If I ever get out of here away from my psycho cat, I'm going to walk to Sutter's Fort today. It's only .7 miles away from me! I thought that was pretty neat.