Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Land Park

I went to Land Park today for my walk. I'd driven past it the other day and thought it would be a nice place to walk around. So I drove over today, parked and started wandering around hoping to find some nice views. I definitely did! I found a very cool garden - the WPA Rock Garden. I didn't know what most of the plants in it were so I'm going to have to return with my gardening expert at some point! It looks like there are a lot of native California plants - I only know this because they look like the ones my daughter has grown (she's the garden expert!). It's a lovely, smallish garden but it's full of flowers, trees and little meandering paths and is very peaceful inside. I walked around, took bunches of pictures and sat on a little bench and enjoyed the peace and quiet for awhile.





















2 comments:

Peruby said...

Very nice, very peaceful. Does not look too much different that Ohio to me.

robin michelle said...

Ohio must be nice then! I've never been there - maybe some day though!