Sunday, November 22, 2009

American River

Yesterday's walk was more of a stroll since it was part of a tour so I decided today that I'd just walk. I went to the American River Parkway and started walking. Fortunately or unfortunately I had my iphone with me and did take some pictures. It's really beautiful there! I got some great pictures of the river and trees and had a nice relaxing walk. I thought there would be a lot of people around but I only saw maybe 8 people altogether. It was very peaceful and quiet - it's hard to believe you are literally in the middle of a busy city.


This tree leans - a bunch of the trees there were leaning way over - I thought that was odd. . .

A view of the river.


This is the path I walked on down to the river - I was a little worried because it was narrow and meandered a bit - I didn't want to get lost!

This was another path I took down to the river. I was a little overwhelmed with choices!


Another view of the river.


After my walk I parked and sat and read for awhile. Then I noticed that I had a visitor. I don't know if this is a crow or raven but he worked very hard to get the garbage out of the can.


Apparently it didn't meet his standards. After a cursory pecking, he walked off, slightly disgruntled I thought.


This tree is almost falling into the water.


This is the walking/biking path. It's a nice place to walk and then you can take little side-trips down to the river edge!


I liked the ways the trees reflected in the water in this picture!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Real nice pics sweetie. You're doing an amazing job on getting out every day & walking. I'm enjoying your adventures!