Friday, November 27, 2009

My Day

I had a very nice, although quite tiring, day! It started by carrying a desk into my apartment. A few days ago I was driving home and passed an antique shop. They had a small desk sitting outside that looked nice and I stopped and looked at it. I've been wanting a desk to put in my bedroom where I can sit and write & not be distracted by the computer. This was exactly what I had in mind, unfortunately the price tag was more than I could pay. I was telling a friend about it and a couple of days later he surprised me by sending a check so I could buy the desk! I went over first thing this morning & fortunately it was still there. It has great little cubbyholes inside and I love the color!

After I lugged my desk in and got it settled, I headed out for a walk to the bead store. The Bead Fetish is a very cool bead store on L Street. I found some heart beads and a couple of rose quartz bears. I was fairly tired after that since I had walked 1.2 miles(!) to get there so I decided to get something to eat and rest. I saw this place called the Buckhorn Grill and while I was a little dubious, their prices didn't seem bad and it was close. It was actually the most delicious meal I've had in quite awhile. I had a chicken sandwich w/a salad and both were very good. I was very proud of myself for going in alone and eating. I hate going into restaurants alone to eat!

My meal revived me and I realized I was close to the street where they had made an ice rink so I walked over there. This is incredibly cool I think. They made an ice rink on the street! It was fun to watch the kids skating. Since I was there I took the opportunity to go into Newsbeat a magazine/newspaper store. Despite some serious temptation I managed not to buy anything! A magazine store for me is like a bar to an alcoholic. I love magazines and have stacks of them still (just ask the people who helped me move!) despite having eliminated quite a few prior to my move. It is a really neat store though and I imagine at some point I'm going to return and give into temptation!

On my way home I passed Time Tested Books and of course had to go in and look around. This is a lovely bookstore with a nice selection of books on just about anything you can think of. They have a big section of old records so if you want records (assuming you know what those are) it's a good place to go.

I figure I walked about 3 miles today and my feet sure felt it by the time I got home!











No comments: