Saturday, November 28, 2009

I found the Little Red Hen!

Everyone reading this may not be aware of it, but I'm the Little Red Hen. You all know the story I'm sure and if not you can read my version here! Today I went out to do laundry and on my way I saw a giant Little Red Hen on the balcony of a house. This is incredibly cool I thought! I took pictures but I feel like I should go up and introduce myself.

I went to a different laundromat today. It's one I saw on my walk yesterday and I thought it might be nice. It was ok, cheaper than the others I've been to but not many chairs. I took a picture of the sign because I thought it was funny - the attendant was actually kind of rude when I asked her a question! I was walking around outside waiting for my laundry and saw the firehouse building. It isn't a firehouse, I forget what it is, but the building was pretty neat I thought.

The last picture is more leaves! It's been very windy here today and the leaves are blowing all over. It's pretty nice to watch so I took a couple of pictures.

Update: This is pretty neat! After I posted I thought I'd look online and see if I could find the firehouse and I did! I found a very cool site called Sacramento Old City Association and it has info on my firehouse. Fire Station Number 3 is one of two nineteenth century firehouses remaining in Sacramento. It was the oldest firehouse in use in the city when it was closed in 1982. Constructed in 1893 Fire Station Number 3 served the city west of Alhambra Boulevard for nearly a hundred years.










No comments: