Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pictures

I went to the State Capital Park today and wandered around for awhile. I had forgotten to bring my camera but fortunately had my iphone with me which actually takes pretty good pictures. There are a couple of veterans memorials in the park and since today is Veteran's Day I thought I'd share those pictures. Later I'll post some of the other pictures I took today.




The California Vietnam Veteran's Memorial.



California Veteran's Memorial. This is very nice looking - I liked the pictures on the sides. There is a computer station nearby where you can search a database for information on veterans who have served since 1850. An arc of flags representing all of the armed services surrounds the memorial.



California Vietnam Veteran's Memorial.



California Veteran's Memorial.



California Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. The age of the majority of those listed is under 30 (click on the picture & you can read it). It's very sad to look at. You'd think having memorials like this would make lawmakers think twice before starting a war. Apparently they don't.



Plaque for California Vietnam Veteran's Memorial.

No comments: