Friday, November 21, 2008

Opinion Editorial

I think that is what these things are called. Anyway I had this idea and thought I'd foist it on everyone.

People always say that having a positive attitude can change things. Well they say it to me anyway. Yesterday I was reading a fascinating newsletter published by a reputatable marketing and communications firm. According to an article they shared, the healthcare industry may begin to suffer from economic troubles.

Now, as I read this, it is somewhat speculative as to whether it will happen. Which makes me think. If people keep saying negative things about the economy - which is all I hear - then pretty soon all those negative things are going to happen. Self-defeating behavior. We are jinxing ourselves. Instead, everyone should focus on saying positive things and stressing how the economy is going to improve.

If attitude can really change things then I think that everyone in the US should work on having a positive attitude and the economy, and probably many other things, will begin to improve. So I'm doing my part. Everyday I'm planning to spend 10 minutes thinking positive thoughts about the economy. If everyone did this faithfully, I'm sure we would begin to see positive change.

What do you all think? Feel free to comment. Say you agree, disagree, cry, moan, tell me I need professional help, just SAY SOMETHING! Final countdown here, give me a break people.

Robin, the lonely (somewhat demented) blog mistress



1 comment:

Deni said...

I think you're right in that thinking positive thoughts makes people feel better which gives them more energy to put action into the things that will improve a situation. They're also more likely to think their actions are making a difference, Isn't that how it goes?

Maybe we should also visualize what a better economy would be like....

I tend to be an active pessimist (as opposed to a passive one). Passive pessimists complain but do nothing to make things better, while active ones recognize that there are problems and see them as a call to take action...well I try, anyway...lol.