Friday, November 7, 2008

Dig Deep


















This is an article I read some time ago and meant to bring to the attention of my loyal readers. In September the Telegraph reported that the Queen is in need of funds to repair royal buildings. Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle require at least £20 million to be spent on new roofs and updated heating systems. And that is just two of the many buildings in need of repair in our home country.

Now I am aware that money is tight these days, however, I think that we could all spare a little pocket change. At the end of each day, check your pockets and purse for extra change. Take that change and put it in a little jar and at the end of each month send it to me. I'll save what everyone sends and when we have a respectable amount, will send it on to the Queen.

You may all be considering this a sneaky way on my part to fund a trip to England. Well actually that just entered my mind as I was typing. But seriously my concern is for the buildings and I would never misappropriate funds intended for royalty. Start saving your change - England is depending on us!

Robin, the lonely blog mistress



No comments: