Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More Poems

This is a short post today but I posted twice yesterday so I guess that's ok! Besides I was seriously traumatized at 4:00 am and still haven't recovered. The cats woke me up and I went into the bathroom and there was a gigantic bug in my bathtub. I have no idea what it was but it was seriously large - at least 3 inches I think. I stood there kind of petrified for a minute trying to decide what to do. I considered screaming but didn't think my neighbors would appreciate it much. Finally I turned on the bathtub and washed it down the drain. Whatever kind of bug it was, it was fairly slow fortunately. I let the water run for a bit and then put a pan over the drain so it couldn't crawl back up and get me.

You're perhaps catching on that I don't like bugs! Especially huge ones. Anyway I didn't sleep very well after that because I was afraid it would crawl back up and move the pan or else had companions lurking elsewhere in the apartment. I think I need a bug exterminator. Ah well, on to the poems!

Today's poems are by Edna St. Vincent Millay. Thursday, the 29th, is Poem in Your Pocket Day! Select a poem, carry it with you and share with everyone on that day. These are both short and easily shared!

First Fig
My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!



Second Fig
Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!

No comments: