Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Growing!

The last time my daughter visited she gave me a package of grass seed to plant. One of my cats loves to chew on grass and what she (my daughter) had left before was dead. I finally got around to planting them Monday afternoon and look how well they're doing already! For some reason this pleases me a great deal. I keep going out and staring at them. Hopefully I won't overwater - I'm trying to be careful though. My worst gardening habit is a belief that there is no such thing as overwatering.

Since I was taking pictures I thought I'd share my tulips also. I went to Trader Joe's tonight and saw these. Sometimes being poor can force you into good choices. I had this thought in the back of my mind that maybe I'd buy cookies for me. Then I saw the tulips and really wanted them. They were $3.49, about the same as cookies. As you can see I went with the tulips. All in all a much better choice I think! 





5 comments:

Peruby said...

I love tulips!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The tullips ARE beautiful. Wonderful choice. Who needs cookies!!

Regarding the watering, you might want to try misting the grass with a spray bottle. You get to water, and if you limit yourself to 2 sprays a day, you probably won't overwater.

Have a great sunny day!! Glad you bought the flowers.

robin michelle said...

I think I'll try the misting. That should satisfy my water craving!

I hope you both have a good day!

jet said...

Congratulations on the grass sprouts, Mom!

robin michelle said...

Thank you Jill! They've grown more overnight!