Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kind of miscellaneous stuff

On Saturday I went to a new library, the Carmichael branch.You all can't get over my exciting life can you! I went specifically because they had a book on birds that I wanted to get but it turned out not to look great. I did find another one though, Birds of Northern California. It looks pretty good and has great pictures! I also found a book of poems by Billy Collins (guess what tomorrow's post will be!). So that was my exciting Saturday.

Sunday I did not turn my computer on all day. This was the second Sunday I've attempted to be computer free. The first one I caved about 7:30 pm but I made it all the way through this week. Admittedly I had my iPhone turned on and handy. My plan for next Sunday is no computer and no iPhone. I may be climbing the walls by Monday morning. It's nice though difficult to have the computer turned off. I'm on the computer and usually online about 10-12 hours a day. I love being online but really feel like I need a break one day a week. I kept walking past The Computer yesterday and thinking I could just turn it on for five minutes. I didn't though because I knew the five minutes would end up being all day. Instead I spent the day relaxing, reading and occasionally sneaking a peek at my phone just in case I was missing something!

Anyway that made me feel good as did the realization that I've been keeping to my posting everyday commitment. Today is April 20th and I haven't missed one day! I've also been keeping up with my napowrimo challenge. I have written 19 poems so far and will do the 20th later today. Pretty good I think!

Today is also my 6-month anniversary of moving to Sacramento! I feel like I should celebrate somehow so I'll have to think of something special to do today.

And last but not least, my Mountain Bluebird appears to have turned into a Scrub Jay. My daughter emailed me and said she thought it looked more like a Scrub Jay. After comparing pictures and reading about habitats I'm inclined to agree with her. I liked the name Mountain Bluebird better though!


Sign out in front of Carmichael Library.


Library wall art - I thought it was pretty cool!


Some apartments I drove past. I just liked the way they looked.



Another apartment building I went past. I really liked this one, especially the color!

2 comments:

Peruby said...

Six months already! Yikes!

robin michelle said...

It sure has gone fast!