Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lord of the Rings!

I spent yesterday at my Dad's place watching the new Blu-ray version of Lord of the Rings. He has a 52" tv and the picture was absolutely incredible! I'm not a techie person and don't know much, ok anything, about film quality and stuff like that but even I could see the difference. It really felt like you were part of the picture and the close-up views are amazing. If you're a LOTR fan you have to see this version. And definitely on a large television. My tv is 13" and it would have been wasteful to watch on that!

We only managed to get through the first two movies so I'm going to have to go back another day to watch the last one. It was a long day though. We started watching around 11:30 I think and finished about 6:30. There were breaks but even so it's a long process. Definitely an enjoyable one though and I'm looking forward to seeing the last movie!

My cats weren't very happy with me though. I was gone about 13 hours and they aren't used to being alone. One of them only eats wet food so when I leave for a long time I put his bowl on a pan of ice to keep it cold. This has always worked fine in the past but he has a new bowl that's shallow. The ice of course melted and his bowl sank instead of floating. When I got home it was covered in water and he was very hungry. Fortunately I had left another bowl also which he'd eaten but he still feels he was mistreated. I guess I'll get some turkey today for him. Hopefully that will get him to forgive me!

No comments: