Friday, June 13, 2008

Why Read Blogs?

Take a look at this posting on the Femmes Fatales blog. Yep, that's me, I won a signed copy of a new book by Julia Spencer-Fleming called I Shall Not Want. Pretty cool isn't it! This is the 6th entry in a mystery series she writes. If you like mysteries I would suggest you pick up the first in the series , In the Bleak Midwinter which was the winner of numerous mystery awards.

The stories take place in Millers Kill, a small town in upstate New York. Clare Fergusson, a newly ordained Episcopalian priest is assigned to St. Albans church in Millers Kill. A former army helicopter pilot, Clare is not exactly a typical priest. An abandoned baby and a murder lead her into a crime-solving partnership and romantic attraction with the married police chief, Russ Van Alstyne. Future books explore their growing relationship and, of course, solve mysteries. I've read all the books (except the newest one) in the series and highly recommend them.

You'll note that the title of this post was Why Read Blogs. I won this book because I read about the give-away in a blog. Free things are just one of the many benefits of regular blog reading. I would like to say that I have something to give away to encourage you all to come back but unfortunately I don't. I guess I could offer Jill but I'm afraid we might lose readers that way. I'll keep thinking about it.

Robin, the lonely blog mistress

No comments: