Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lavender

I promised to tell you why I posted a picture Sunday of a lavender field and I'm sure you've all been anxiously waiting to hear. Last Saturday Jill and I went to the 9th Annual Sonoma Lavender Festival. It was a nice day and I learned a lot about lavender. I also got to eat a lavender chicken sandwich, lavender salad and a lavender brownie. We bought some neat lavender items: lotion, salt scrub, a sinus face mask, sachets and a lavender bear. Isn't he cute! Oh & of course Jill bought a couple of lavender plants.

Lavender is a natural antiseptic, anti-depressant and sedative. It can help you sleep better, manage stress and relax (which you'll be doing if you are asleep). It is also good for headaches, healing cuts and burns and soothing insect bites. You can use it as a mosquito and flea repellent. Also as you'll have deduced from our lunch, you can use it in cooking. On top of everything else, it smells really nice!


Robin, the lonely blog mistress

No comments: