Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hug Your Cat Day

Today is Hug Your Cat Day! Be sure that first thing in the morning you hug each one, at lunch time, and in the evening before bed. Ideally you'll also hug them spontaneously throughout the day. If you follow this schedule a few things will happen: 1) Your cat(s) will think you've lost your mind. 2) By the 2nd or 3rd hug they'll run when they see you coming. 3) You will probably have a lot of scratches at the end of the day.

Seriously, hugging your cat is a great idea but remember that some cats just don't like it. Pippin will tolerate being picked up and hugged but just for a short minute. Mellifera protests loudly if you pet her so hugging is not the best idea. I usually wait for her to come sit on my lap and then she'll cuddle and be sweet. Anyway, have a fun day hugging your cats! Here are pictures of the cats I'll be hugging today.

If you would like to send your cat a card you can find some here. I'm planning to send one to both of my cats. They both like the computer but generally Pippin makes me do the work for him & he dictates what he wants said or the sites he wants to visit. Mellifera will usually do it herself. Since they are both computer literate I thought they'd enjoy the cards. FYI: I have the word of numerous mental health professionals that I am NOT crazy.

No comments: