Thursday, September 16, 2010

National Library Card Sign-up Month!


Did you know that September is National Library Card Sign-up Month? I'm sure no one reading this blog has to sign-up for one because you already have one. Right? Please don't disillusion me. I have three library cards. One is pictured. It's for Sacramento public libraries. I can't really discuss the other two. Anyway. . . if you've been reading this blog for more than a day you'll realize that I love libraries! It's pretty amazing when you think about it. They give you a free card and you can go in and check out most any book you want. If, by some unfortunate oversight, you don't have a card, get down to your local library TODAY and get one!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning! Nice encouragement!
I have a card for the library in my district. Any other library around here will not allow a card unless you reside in their district. But our library is the largest and best and is affiliated with other libraries so there is no problem getting books ever.

Don't cha just love books!

robin michelle said...

Yeah some areas are kind of stingy with their cards. I know in the Bay Area a number of cities will let you have a card if you aren't a resident but they charge an annual fee for it. Which still isn't a bad deal. It usually isn't exorbitant and you get access to a bunch more books!