Thursday, September 2, 2010

Every day in September!

I signed up for September on the NaBloPoMo site. This means I'm going to post every day in September. I've only been posting sporadically lately and I want to get back in the habit so I thought this would give me a push.


The theme for September is Art - posting about art that inspires you and how you bring art into your life. I thought I'd share a picture that I came across recently and really liked. It's called Nocturne: Blue and Silver - Chelsea by James Whistler. It's very peaceful feeling and I really like the soft colors in it. When I find pictures I like online I usually save them to my picture file so I can use them as wallpaper or in screensavers. It's a free, easy way to enjoy art that I could never afford!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Robin
I look forward to your September posts.

This is a very peaceful piece. I always wonder about the story behind the art.

robin michelle said...

I wonder too. Maybe he didn't intend for it to be peaceful. I was going to see what I could find out - I'm glad you reminded me of that!