Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bits & Pieces

Just a few thoughts I had today and some pictures.The first five pictures are from my walk this morning. The last is a library I visited today. I'm making slow progress on my list. I'm envisioning myself on December 31st running from library to library to get them all in by the end of the year!

Today I went to the Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven branch. It opened in August and still looks very new! I love the books on the outside - a perfect decoration for a library. They had a nice section of poetry books and I picked up a couple. I also totally embarrassed myself by checking out a silly book called Become Your Own Matchmaker. It's full of advice on how to find and snare a man. I flipped through it and read parts and decided if I had to do all that just to get some guy I'd rather be alone!

I also stopped at Petsmart today to pick up cat litter. They had a bunch of cages full of kittens for adoption. I stopped and talked to all the kittens which is nice but it breaks my heart to see them. There are so many unwanted animals in shelters yet people still don't consistently spay/neuter their animals. Yeah kittens and puppies are cute but unwanted ones who end up euthanized are not so cute. In my not so humble opinion there is no excuse not to spay/neuter. If you can't afford it there are free and low-cost clinics. There are only a handful of issues I feel strongly about but this is one of them. Spay/Neuter. It's important!


Condemned house down the street from me. I'm not sure how you access that top door!


I liked the flowers behind the wire fence.


Some pretty flowers.


I guess it just fell over. I wouldn't think someone would deliberately leave it that way!


I don't know what this is but it's pretty!



The library!

3 comments:

Peruby said...

Well, I tried to comment before, but blogger decided to "take a powder" right when I clicked the "Publish Your Comment" button.

So, I'll try again.

That's a colorful library!

I am a big advocate of spaying and neutering, also. In fact, one of my cats have been spayed - twice!

That's right. She was a stray and her hair was long and matted and the first thing I do is make a vet appointment to get her shots and to have her fixed.

I picked her up and the vet said "She was already spayed. That will be $85."

I nearly choked. They explained that they couldn't tell she was already fixed, so they had to do everything just like they were going to fix her, until they got all the way in - and it was already gone. Or whatever it is that they look for and do.

Whatever! But, why couldn't they just say "Here is your cat. She will never have kittens. That will be $85."

I would have been none the wiser.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The red/ruby leaves are Coleous.
The yellow are CannaLilly.
The library is great. Very contempory and inviting design.

Ever wonder WHO writes those 100 ways to attract a man books? I don't think in this day its so much about attracting one as being where they are, wherever THAT is besides a bar.

Sad to see an abandoned house. Looks like they tore the porch and upstairs access off. A house can sit abandoned then be condemned and there are so many homeless. Doesn't seem right.

I'd walk more if there was anywhere to walk that didn't involve walking on the highway. Its one thing I'll always miss about the city. One of my trade offs for marrying a country boy. Once we were looking for a new house. He took me to a place, honest, that was totally surrounded by corn fields...totally. We were just married and all I could think of was Chain Saw Massacre!

Love to see pics from your travels.

robin michelle said...

Peruby: Isn't it a great looking library! That's a funny story - Not funny for you when you had to spend $85 for nothing though! I agree with you, it would have been nicer not to tell you. At least you know she won't have kittens!

Carol: Thanks for the plant ids! The woman who wrote this book founded some Millionaires Club matchmaking service. I think she has "perfect people" clients. She says you have to try on a lot of shoes to find the right fit. All I can say is I'm getting tired of trying on shoes!

I've always thought they should let homeless people live in abandoned houses but I guess if they are unsafe it could be dangerous. At least it'd be shelter though. Chain saw massacre - I love it!