Monday, September 6, 2010

Musical Monday

I was trying to find a Johnny Cash song that I hadn't posted before. I searched my blog and this didn't come up so I think I'm safe! Not that there aren't a lot to choose from, it's just that I have certain favorite songs & tend to post those!

People can be odd about money. I've known people who had a lot and it mattered a lot to them. I've known people who had a lot and it didn't matter at all to them. And I've known people with very little who didn't care because they were doing what they wanted.  I think that's what matters - living your life the way you want, the way you know you have to and being happy about it. If you have money, great and if you don't, well you get by the best you can. Being true to yourself is what matters. Johnny Cash didn't start out rich and while he may have ended up that way (I actually don't know how "well off" he was), it took a long time and a lot of sacrifice. But he was doing what mattered to him, what he had to do and that's important, not the money.


2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, but he was so misguided along the way.

Admire his talent
Get lost in the sound
Take a lesson from the man
Grieve because he's gone.

robin michelle said...

Well I do admire his talent!