Saturday, September 11, 2010

My beaded heart!



Here's the heart I made today in my class! It was fun to make and I learned a little bit about wire wrapping. It's harder than it looks! I kept ending up with kinks in my wire but by the end of the class I was getting better at keeping them out. I decided on pink since it's my favorite color. It's actually much smaller than the picture - about 2" high & less than 2" across. I don't know that I'm going to make it into a pendant. I think I'll probably end up just leaving it like this. Anyway I thought it came out pretty good for a first effort!

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It did turn out good! And wire wrap is so big right now. If you don't turn it into jewelry, at least put it somewhere that you can see it every day. An spiration and reminder of your creativity.
xx, Carol

Peruby said...

It is beautiful! Love it!

robin michelle said...

Thank you both! It was a lot of fun. I'm going to make some more I think and practice the wire wrapping. I decided I'd just put some pretty ribbon on it and hang it up. As you said Carol, that way it's a reminder and an inspiration. And I get to look at something pretty that I made everyday!