Friday, May 2, 2008

Lords of the Blog

This is incredibly cool. There is a blog called Lords of the Blog that is published by members of the House of Lords. You know, those people in Britain who are ruling the country. Pretty cool, huh? In the first six weeks the blog was up it received 30,568 visits. I'm a bit disappointed. The Texeira Life blog has been up much longer than six weeks and I don't think we are anywhere near that number. Why do you think we aren't as popular? Maybe if I had Lord in front of my name? I'll work on it.

My favorite post is the one that talks about how the Lords address one another and what it means. For example, "The noble Lord, for whom I have the greatest respect…" which means, You’ve lost it this time. I liked that. Perhaps if you all address me as Most Noble Lord it would increase our blog readership. I think it is worth a try.

You may wonder how I found this blog. Or you may not wonder but I think I'll tell you anyway. One of my favorite mystery authors is Laurie King who has a blog which I subscribe to. She mentioned Lords of the Blog in one of her postings and of course I had to check it out. This is an example of serendipity, a phenomenon of which I am quite fond and frequently encounter in my ramblings through the Internet. Made your day, haven't I?

Robin, Most Noble Lord

No comments: