Monday, May 19, 2008

10 Dumbest Laws in America

I came across this today and was just dumbfounded by the Texas law and thought I would share it. The only ones I might need to worry about are Illinois and Nebraska (especially if Alex is with us).


10 Dumbest Laws in America
  1. Texas: A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
  2. Nevada: It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
  3. Colorado: It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.
  4. Virginia: Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
  5. Florida: A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
  6. California: Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
  7. Wisconsin: Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.
  8. Illinois: You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.
  9. Nebraska: If a child burps during church, his parent may be arrested.
  10. Georgia: Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I really like these! I think that criminals giving notice is a pretty good idea actually. Just think how much easier it would be if you received 24 hours notice that someone was going to rob your house. You could make sure everything you wanted to get rid of was in boxes and ready to go!

I'm a little worried about Nevada and Georgia. I generally keep a donkey in my bathtub & would hate to have to get rid of him if I go to Georgia. As far as driving a camel on the highway - well, who doesn't do that every weekend!

Thanks for the post - I liked these!