Thursday, May 15, 2008

Why I Can't Work

Mellifera was a little upset that Pippin had a posting devoted to him so I told her I'd write something about her also. As I work from home, I spend a lot of time sitting at my computer devoting myself to my job. Oh, Stephen is out of the country I don't have to pretend!

Lately Mellifera has decided that she wants to sit in my desk chair. Being as I'm still working on this weight loss thing, there is just not enough room on the chair for both of us. Consequently we are engaged in an ongoing struggle for rights to the chair. In case you're wondering, Mellifera is winning. The other night I had to stand and check my email.

When I do manage to get the chair she'll jump up onto my desk, knocking things over in the process and sit right in front of the monitor. It is actually pretty cute & I knew you'd all like to see a picture!

Robin, the lonely blog mistress

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cat on the chair scenario is a familiar one around here--if it weren't so stinkin' hot I'm sure I'd have to be battling both Jasper and Alice for my seat. But they are both outside trying to flatten themselves to the cooler patches of ground. Normally I'd give anything to be a cat but I'd hate to be wearing fur today. I'd make this a post with some cute flat cat pictures but I don't know how. Someone needs to bring this blogging-impaired Luddite into the 21st century. BTW, of course I agree that your brother is pretty damn cool but I have to say that you are someone I really admire and like spending time with and you don't get to me the way he does! (good thing he's away and not reading this). I hope I get to see a lot of you while he's gone.

Anonymous said...

Kiko! Glad to see a comment from you! Thanks for the nice words, I really appreciate it. You have to see me, you're supposed to walk w/me!