Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cat Songs

I read a really cool posting on The Way of Cats blog the other day. It was about cats having their own song & you put their name into it & sing it to them. I really liked this idea and felt pretty bad that my cats don't have a song. So . . . after much thought and consideration and consultation, I have come up with songs for my cats.

Pippin: Coming up with his song was pretty easy actually. It is Let Me Call You Sweetheart. Sweetheart, of course, is replaced with Pippin. Thus making the lyrics:

Let me call you "Pippin," I'm in love with you.
Let me hear you Purr that you love me too.
Keep the love-light glowing in your eyes so true.
Let me call you "Pippin," I'm in love with you.

Pippin is pretty pleased with the song although I'm not sure he appreciates my singing. He batted at my nose once but I think he is just a little hot.

Mellifera: This was a little harder but then Jill came up with Dear Prudence by the Beatles. Obviously Mellifera replaces Prudence:

Dear Mellifera, won't you come out to play
Dear Mellifera, greet the brand new day
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you
Dear Mellifera won't you come out to play

I'm not sure how happy she is with this. Like Pippin she doesn't seem to appreciate my singing voice.

Anyway now that they each have their own song I'm going to sing it to them everyday. Pretty soon I'll be able to post a little video of them listening to me sing. I warned you folks, POST!

Robin, the lonely blog mistress

2 comments:

WereBear said...

I'm tickled that you are trying my song suggestion. Remember, the cat doesn't care how well we sing.

Fortunately for those, like me, who would only get on the early stages of American Idol.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even get to the early stages with my voice! Thanks for the suggestion, I really enjoy your blog!