Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuxedo Cats

You may not realize it but I have a Tuxedo Cat named Pippin. It's something I rarely talk about because I'm so modest but occasionally I just have to brag a little. I found these facts about Tuxedo Cats on a website and thought I'd share them. I know that number one is true. I think Pippin believes number two is or else he just says it to ensure I'll feed him in a timely manner. Hopefully we won't have to test number three. As for the rest, you can believe or not but I'm not taking any chances on the last one. I'm buying a lottery ticket!
  1. Tuxedo cats (or TCs) are significantly more intelligent than regular cats (including all other breeds and varieties). Research indicates that this difference may be as great as 200%. (I’m pretty sure the humans they live with are smarter also.)
  2. People who have agreed to serve TCs as food providers and toy throwers are more attractive than the average humans.
  3. Tuxedo cats can, in an emergency, drive a car.
  4. When a full moon occurs on the vernal or diurnal equinox, TCs can become invisible.
  5. As kittens, tuxies will open their eyes 24 hours before regular cats.
  6. Tuxedos are the best swimmers in the feline family, but they will shun forever any who human who puts them in the water.
  7. Tuxedo cats can add single digit numbers and perform simple integrations.
  8. TCs can see infrared light.
  9. The largest inheritance ever left to a cat (over $6.3 million) was left to a tuxedo cat named Sparky in 1998.
  10. In recognition of their formal attire, tuxedo cats are the only felines admitted to performances of the metropolitan opera.
  11. In the original "Lassie" stories, Lassie was a tuxedo cat. The role was re-cast as a Collie after no TC willing to accept the role could be found. They all refused the role as 'undignified' and 'demeaning.'
  12. People who win lotteries are statistically more likely to live with TCs.

Isn't he adorable!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

OK, I'll be honest..I'm not a cat person as they say..dogs in the house and birds, hence, no cats in the house..love all animals..had barn cats all my life and loved them but this little guy is the CUTEST!! All dressed up and ready to go! Love the info on the tuxedo cats! And why not take a chance and buy that lottery ticket!

robin michelle said...

Thank you, I have to agree - he is pretty cute! Yeah I might as well buy one, it's only $1!