Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pictures

Mostly pictures today. I went to a couple of new libraries over the weekend. I'm making great progress on the list - I'm halfway through now. 14 down and 14 to go! The other pictures are from my walk yesterday at Land Park.



Elk Grove Library. It's a small library but in a nice 2-story building which I liked.


This is the stained glass window at Elk Grove. I thought it was very cool. I'd love a house with a window like this!


Franklin Library. This one is located on the grounds of a high school and I nearly got lost trying to find it. I finally had to ask a student in the parking lot where it was. . .


There were 4 of these ducks swimming in a nice row but the one at the end was getting distracted.


The others just kept on going without their friend.


He finally decided to join them but had to move kind of fast to catch up!


There are a couple of small lakes in the park and they have these geysers in the middle. I like sitting and watching them. They make neat patterns in the water.


I thought these two looked quite content. They didn't appreciate having their picture taken though. They looked at me in disgust (kind of the way my cats do when I take their picture) and walked away as soon as I took the picture.

3 comments:

Peruby said...

I would love that stained glass window ,too!

The last duck - eh, there's one in every crowd (or family).

Our town park has fountains like that in the lake. I'll have to get a photo and post it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You certainly have a lot of libraries near you. I think I have been to all that are near and some in other towns. Pretty small though. The stained glass window is nice. I'd like to have one like you's see in a church except I'd pass on the one with icons.

robin michelle said...

Isn't the window great! Peruby, I'd love to see your fountains, I hope you get a picture soon! Carol, too many libraries I think. I'm reading too much!