Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One Small Change Update

Oops a little late with posting this but . . . I guess I'd give myself a B for February. My change was to keep the heater off unless it went below 65. I definitely used the heater a lot less this month but there were a few times I turned it on when I could have just put on a sweater. My windows leak cold air in and sitting in the living room can feel pretty cold even when the rest of the apt is at 68 so I gave into temptation a few times. It was a good change though and I'm hoping for a lower utility bill!

On to March. I've been worrying over the last few days what to do for March. I spent some time reading other blogs to get ideas and finally came up with one. This is a good change for me and for the environment and, ok I'm just trying to avoid writing it. Gulp. I'm going to quit drinking diet Coke. That will eliminate all those plastic bottles and save money. There are a lot of plastic bottles too. I usually drink 2-4 bottles a day (and then wonder why I'm awake at 3:00 am). Today is the 2nd and I have one bottle left I'm going to drink and that's it!

Good change. I can do this. I can. Really. I hope.

12 comments:

Andrea said...

YOU CAN DO THIS! And your body will thank you for it! :)

robin michelle said...

Thanks Andrea I appreciate the support!

Anonymous said...

Yes! You can do it! No caffine, no artificial coloring, artificial sweetners...and no more plastic bottles! Wonderful challenge for March.

robin michelle said...

Thanks Angela! I just finished that last bottle!

Peruby said...

Watch out for the caffeine-withdrawal headache! You might want to wean yourself off slowly if you drank that much every day. Good luck!

robin michelle said...

Thanks Peruby. So far no headache but then it hasn't been that long!

Jane said...

I stopped drinking diet coke almost 6 years ago. You can do it! Your body will defiantly thank you for it!!!

robin michelle said...

Thanks Jane - it's nice to know someone else did it successfully!

Unknown said...

I am excited to see how your utility bill is affected!

Now, I am really routing for you on your diet coke elimination! I am sort of a health freak and I know how bad that can be for your health, so giving it up is going to be so awesome for you (and the planet)! I have a friend who gave it up after drinking tons of it for over 10 years...she actually started having health issues and the doctor told her to switch to green tea...she is so much happier, feels great, health issues have gone away. Please feel free to stop by any time this month and let us know how it is going! http://1smallchangeblog.blogspot.com/
Suzy

robin michelle said...

Thanks Suzy! So far I'm doing good with it. It's been a little hard because I really want a coke sometimes! I've found I'm sleeping better though which is great!

Abbie said...

I am over from Hip Mountain Mama...and rooting for you here on this one. You can do it. I actually gave up drinking Coke because my dentist said I was drinking too much...and because I had cavities 3 of my four previous visits. and it worked! this last dentist visit, no cavities. I'm rooting for you girl!

robin michelle said...

Thanks for visiting Abbie & for your support!