Friday, March 26, 2010

Another Exciting Library Visit!

I went to a new library last week and forgot to post about it! This is the North Natomas branch. I have to admit that before I went in I wasn't expecting it to be anything special. You have to watch those pre-judgments though! It's a very nice library inside. It is open and airy, has lots of seating, bunches of computer stations, and overall a really  nice feel. It was late afternoon when I went and there were a lot of school kids inside but it didn't feel crowded or noisy. I think it's a great example of a newer library that's comfortable and easy to use. I love tiny old libraries but I also love new ones like this. Ok, I admit it, I just love all libraries! Anyway . . . I had gone there to get one particular book but, as usual, found many others that I needed. Writing this is making me want to go back!

By the way in case you think I'm a little odd with this visiting libraries thing I'd like to point out that there are other people in the world that do the same thing. I know this because I personally know one of them. Admittedly I gave birth to her and may have had some influence on her actions but it still counts!

Since I'm sure you're all wondering, here is the list of the Sacramento County libraries and my visiting status. The names in red are branches I've already visited. There are 28 libraries and I've been to 9. I want to visit them all by the end of the year. I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be a problem.

Arcade Library
Arden-Dimick Library
Belle Cooledge Library
Carmichael Library
Central Library - the 1st one I went to!
Colonial Heights Library
Courtland Library
Del Paso Heights Library
E.K. McClatchy Library - this is my neighborhood branch & my favorite! 
Elk Grove Library
Fair Oaks Library
Franklin Library
Galt-Marian O. Lawrence Library
Isleton Library
Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
McKinley Library
North Highlands-Antelope Library
North Natomas Library
North Sacramento-Hagginwood Library
Orangevale Library
Rancho Cordova Library
Rio Linda Library
Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven Library
South Natomas Library
Southgate Library
Sylvan Oaks Library
Valley Hi-North Laguna Library
Walnut Grove Library

No comments: