Friday, October 3, 2008

Family Friday

Well no one has sent me any family news so I'm stuck telling you the little bit that I know.

Jill & John's party is still scheduled for Saturday, October 11th at noon. Some of you have expressed confusion over what exactly the party is about. Darned if I know. Just kidding. They had hoped to get married at City Hall prior to the party but are waiting for divorce papers to be received. Officially John is divorced now but for some reason government entities want you to be able to actually produce paper as proof. So this is a pre-wedding celebration I guess. Jill wanted to do it at this time of year and didn't want to change the date to wait for something like official papers.

Jennifer & Talia are devotees of a reality show called Drama Island. I haven't seen it but it sounds rather racy to me. I'm kind of suspicious.

Amanda started Beauty College about 3 weeks ago and is doing well and enjoying it. While I'm sure this is good for her future employability, the most important thing is now I have someone to cut my hair!

After watching the VP debate last night, Pippin has come down solidly on the side of Obama-Biden. Mellifera is wavering thinking that the McCain-Palin ticket may offer her more freedom to pursue her cat dreams.

Robin (oh, that's me), started her 2nd! math class last week. She is very excited. Not really, actually she is rather apprehensive. Once she (hopefully) passes this class, she'll be able to take a "real" math class that counts for credit & she'll have a BA degree! It isn't clear that this will provide tangible benefits, but it will look good on her resume when her current client fires her for personal blogging on work time.

Ok, that's about all the family news I can conjure up out of my little brain. It would be very helpful if people send me little bits of information that I can then elaborate on and turn into a fascinating post for next week. I think I've been reading Jill's blog too much - I'm starting to sound like her.

Robin, the lonely blog mistress

1 comment:

jet said...

We're actually planning on getting married at the courthouse in Oakland. I don't think it's a city hall, but then again maybe it is. In fact I did some shopping around and it turns out some counties charge less than others for marriages. Madera and Mendocino had a pretty good deal, as I think did Trinity. But Monterey wasn't much cheaper. It was surprising that all these counties actually do have county seats.