Thursday, January 31, 2008

806 and counting . . .

When I moved I decided to create an Excel file with a list of all my books. So. . . Being an amazingly organized, efficient person I went ahead and did just that. Last night I added a few more books to the list which brought my total to 806. I'm actually somewhat disappointed. I'd assumed before I started this little project that I had over 1000. The people that moved my books probably figured over 2000.

I really think that to consider oneself a commited bibliophile you need to have at least 1000 books. I do have some in the garage still. Maybe 50-60? I'm not sure, but that still leaves me short. Every week I receive a newsletter that provides information on book sales in the Bay Area. I haven't gone to any lately but it is clear that I need to get busy. I think my goal should be to have at least 1000 in my list by the end of March. How does that sound?

Robin

No comments: