Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A New Philosophy

I have a new philosophy. It really doesn't matter who caused the problem, it only matters that it is fixed.

You may be wondering what has brought about this change. My phone stopped working yesterday. In due course I called to report the problem and they had me plug a phone into my computer modem. Since that phone worked, they said it was an inside wiring problem & they'd have to send someone out. Of course, they couldn't get anyone out until tomorrow (which is now today), however, being the philosophical person I am, I was ok with that.

Today arrived (which had been tomorrow yesterday) and the nice technician showed up at my door. I explained the problem & he came over & looked at the modem, pulled out the large phone plug that comes from the wall & said it was plugged into the wrong place. He plugged it in the correct place and, amazingly, my phone worked. Unfortunately the only way the plug could have been changed was for me to have done it. Which is what happened. Yesterday, before my phone quit working, I couldn't get online. I dutifully began unplugging & plugging things in, as they tell you to do when you call for service, and eventually the internet started working. Then the phone quit working. As you've probably surmised, when I unplugged the phone cable, I plugged it back in the wrong place.

The technician was very nice and even fixed the plug as it was kind of wobbly (don't ask me to explain wobbly, I can't). He said people do things like that all the time & he cancelled the call so they wouldn't charge me.

So now my phone works and I have a nice new philosophy. Of course if Jill had been the one who messed up the plug my philosophy would be entirely different.

Robin

1 comment:

stexeira said...

I'm just wondering about the cable guy's new philosophy.