Monday, January 21, 2008

In a hole in the ground. . .

I'm sure that this is old news to all of you but thought I'd give you a few updates. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien is going to be made into a movie. Like The Lord of the Rings (LOTR) trilogy, which I'm sure you've all watched repeatedly, The Hobbit will be directed by Peter Jackson. There will be two Hobbit movies. The first will cover the story as told in The Hobbit. The second will cover the 60 years between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of LOTR. I had previously heard that there would be two movies & thought (along w/other people) that they were splitting The Hobbit into two parts which seemed pointless. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of the second movie. Offhand, it seems kind of pointless as LOTR has already been released.

Anyway I found the second movie info on, you guessed it, The Hobbit Blog! The first movie is scheduled for release in 2010 so you'll have to be a little patient. In the meantime you can check out onering.net. It is full of Hobbit & LOTR information. You can also re-read all the books (notice that I'm assuming you've all read them).

Robin

2 comments:

stexeira said...

Interesting. Well I'm happy that he isn't splitting the Hobbit up into two movies, but I'm sad that the movie isn't coming out until 2010. I'm not sure how I feel about the second movie. I think I'm happy about it. If any group of people is capable of putting together a faithful interpretation of those 60 years, it's Peter's and his cronies. Yeah, I'm happy about it.

Robert A Vollrath said...

The Hobbit is my favorite fantasy book so I glad to hear this news.
Well its news to me. I think I'll skip the second movie.