Friday, December 28, 2007

All the dreadful wind and rain...


It's Jill, folks! Well it's raining again and I'm happily singing little songs about the plants and rain. But this is a cold rain - the high today was 46 degrees Fahrenheit and the low something like 39, John would know, he was out there at 6am going to work or drinking coffee or something.

Anyhow, we had a lovely Yule - our tree is a small Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) that usually resides outside in a 15 gallon pot. I adorned it with glittery, shiny snowflake and icicle ornaments - it's a sparkly tree! I'll post a picture later but for now here's my garden with a slithery visitor. I have salamanders too, and these two are probably why the slugs are not too numerous and only get so big before my ecto-thermic friends munch on them!

No comments: