Sunday, December 2, 2007

favorite uncle and drissella


12/2/07
Our names are Bill & Linda and we live in Grants Pass ,Oregon which is a small town in Southern Oregon(31,000). I am the favorite uncle of the Texeira family (I changed all their dippers when they were little PHEW), and have been their favorite uncle for about 50 years.
I have 3 daughters, and Linda has 2 daughters. Between us we have about 11 or so grand children(+ or - 1or 2). We also have 2 great grand children. We were married in 1990 + or - a year. As you can guess we are quite old. Linda is retired and I am still working full time plus 20 hours per week in politics. Linda retired from the dental field where she was an EFDA Dental Assistant . She cleansed children’s teeth below the age of 12. We both worked at Litton Guidance Systems in Grants Pass (Linda for 17 years and myself for about 9 years). We worked together on the Cruise Missile project.
When Litton Closed in 1991 we both went back to College. I had a degree in Electronics , but with the lay off of 800 hundred people electronic jobs were hard to find. Linda received a Degree in Medical Technology and went to work in the Dental field. I received a 2 year degree in Counseling and went on to get my Bachelors Degree in Psychology. I worked in that field for 5 years until I burned out and went back to Electronics. I now work for one of the largest Weather equipment manufacture in the world.
In 2005 I (Bill) got involved in politics when the City tried to put a road through our home( would have been hard to watch TV or have any privacy ). I stopped the City by presenting a sound argument in front of the City Planning Commission. The Director liked how I found a loop hole in the City Development code, and asked me if I would be willing to be appointed to the Planning Commission when there was an opening. I said maybe and about 6 months later they called me in for an interview in front of the City Council. I won the appointment over 6 other people. After serving about six months I became disillusioned by how the City Council was over turning our decisions and allowing massive uncontrolled growth in the area. In July of 2006 I decided to run for the City Council in the 2006 Nov. election. I campaigned hard for well managed growth so we would not end up like the S F bay area where I left in 1975 to go to Oregon because of traffic and to many people in the bay area. I won the election and I am now serving my second year of a 4 year term (sentence). It is very difficult to satisfy all the people or get any free time. I put in about 20 hours a week in meetings and making public appearances.
Linda likes to quilt and make crafts. She had upper spine surgery about 4 years ago and needs to rest after working on her crafts for awhile. She can drive but cannot turn her head to the left so if you are driving in Southern Oregon watch out for a white car. Linda has lived in Grants Pass since 1944 so she knows almost everyone in town. She is very popular and helps me with my City Council work. We have 2 babies named Farley and Jr. Farley is a Main Coon Long hair tabby who weighs about 22 LBS. Jr. is a Tibetan long hair Tabby who only weighs about 18 lbs. Both are quite old 14 and 13 years old. I will try and include a picture. We are new at this blog stuff so "bear" with us. When we were kids we only had typewriters which used slate rocks for paper. Well I got to go now as I have prepare for a noon meeting tomorrow so see you all later.
Uncle Bill and Drissella Linda (wicked step aunt)
PS: I forgot I graduated with my 4 year degree with a 4.0(this is for Robin)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! 2 great-grandchildren? I didn't know you were THAT old! Great post although the veracity of some of it is in question. See I know big words even though I didn't graduate w/a 4.0 gpa.

stexeira said...

Interesting. I had no idea I had such famous relations. You seem to be doing a good job up there, any chance we could get you to come back down to Calif. and fix things up for us? I'd be happy to have a road run through my house if it meant that we could get a new governor. Let me know your level of interest.

Hopeful in Oakland