Saturday, December 15, 2007

Surgery pics














Well since no one else has written since the Bloq Mistress left I thought that I should contribute something.




Here are a few pics of Talia (for those less informed of you, she is our youngest at 4 years old) pre & post op for her adenoidtonsilectomy. Talia did wonderfully, was very brave and didn't even cry (I almost did as she nonchalantly waved at me while they wheeled her to surgery).






She colored and visited with the nurses before her surgery and afterwards took to eating her popsicles and drinking her juice like a pro (you'd have thought she'd been doing it her whole life. I forgot, but she remembered to request 2 masks so that she and Jennifer can play hospital.






For some nice imagery, the Dr said that her adenoids were so large that she had trouble getting them out..........






Talia has recovered nicely here at home, refusing all medicine after the first dose at home. She has categorically denied any pain this whole time and my biggest problem was keeping her quiet for any period of time. her voice is still a little different, but that should clear up in the next week or so.






That is about the extent of our highlight for the month. Don't expect one of my kids to have surgery each month just to have something interesting to write about (I know you were all hoping, sorry).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad SOMEONE posted in my absence! Very cute pics of Talia!