Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rain


Hello everyone!


I'm happy to report that it has finally rained - this is the first time since October and I just settled some plants into new pots and into the ground. Let us now take a moment to reflect upon the plant roots reaching into the cool moistness of rainy soil, leafing forth to photosynthesize away, the light and dark reactions joining to nourish this verdancy!

In other news: a customer actually called me at work yesterday to ask a question about a fake poinsettia plant - "Will its leaves fade if it's sitting in the sun?" You'd think a plant made of inert materials would be self-explanatory. Also, the other day I saw a Caltrans truck carrying a buck who had (through some unknown means) passed away. While I understand the necessity of removing the unfortunate cervid I question the wisdom of hanging the uncovered head out the side of the truck with the antlers sticking out 2 feet to the side - in the midst of rush-hour traffic. Oh well, our tax dollars at work...

Sorry for the rather gruesome interval! I'm making up for it by attaching a pleasant picture of The Pinnacles (though it's all rather the same - life eats life)

No comments: