Friday, December 7, 2007

A Defense

I'm not sure why that part about me pushing you down the stairs was added. Is that the story you use to explain your strange personality to the world? Or are you trying to make me look bad? Whatever it is, I think that the true story should be told.

When Michael was a young, mean, sly child, I was kindly helping him down the stairs when, for no clear reason, he threw himself under my feet so that I tripped. With the agility of youth, he quickly rolled down the stairs & start crying that I had pushed him. All I could do, as I do now, is protest that he had tripped me & I was completely innocent.

In the intervening years he has repeatedly brought up this incident as he does now. I think that this time he may have inadvertently given away a clue. You notice he said he is cobweb clearing. I deduce from this that his mind has been full of cobwebs for many years which means he could not remember things clearly. So, being the generous soul that I am, I'm going to assume his wicked retelling of this story was due to an inability to remember the correct version.

I had to devote an entire post to this as I was afraid that if I defended myself in a comment, not everyone would see it.

Robin

1 comment:

jet said...

(from Jill) I was there and I remember that she was coming down the stairs and just sort of brushed him aside. His leg was hurt and for months after the incident he would start limping every time he saw her.