Monday, September 29, 2008

My New Look

Well, Kiko and I spent most of yesterday at the Renaissance Faire down in Hollistser yesterday. We have a friend, Jessie, who has been going for the past 30 years and is a huge devotee of it. Not wanting to be big party poopers, we decided to join in the fun and outfitted ourselves appropriately. Feel free to leave comments about how authentic we look and what a fine peasant I make.

There are a few other photos up here as well, for your viewing pleasure.

Enjoy.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought you guys really looked great - new hairstyles and everything. Then I realized those people weren't you. . . oh well. Actually you both looked cute - you make an excellent - although rather well-dressed, peasant!

jet said...

I'm not an expert on clothing of this era but I'd say you resembled reasonably prosperous merchants rather than peasants. I don't think peasants could afford the fancy dyes and would be a bit dirtier, you know, like they'd been grubbing with the chickens and just finished preparing the fields to go fallow. Nonetheless I think you guys should dress like this on a regular basis - like whenever you out shopping, or just walking around the neighborhood. Take it from me - it's fun to be the local eccentric!