Monday, September 8, 2008

I PASSED!

Ok, I know it isn't my day to post, but I had to share my good news - I passed my math class!!! This is actually pretty astonishing news -- I was kind of worried that I wouldn't. I won't give you details on scores - it would make me look lazy - but I passed!!

For those of you who don't know details or why I'm so excited, let me explain. I've been attempting, with varying degrees of enthusiasm, for a good number of years to finish my BA degree. At this point I've taken everything I need except math. Unfortunately I didn't do well enough on the entry-level math test to take a class that counts toward the degree. This meant that I have to take 2 remedial math classes before I can take the final class I need for my degree.

Frankly math scares me. I look at problems and my mind shuts down (no jokes please) and I panic. You can see why I was worried that I wouldn't pass this class. But I did!! Now I have to take one more remedial class then I can take the final class I need for my degree. If all goes well, by this time next year I'll be a college graduate. Several years later than I'd anticipated but . . .

I have high hopes that once I have a degree, Jill will move me up the scale so that I'm above the turtle! (long story for another day)

1 comment: