Saturday, August 30, 2008

Water, Cats and Apple TV

There is a reason I am not allowed to touch a hose at home. I have this thing when I start watering - pretty much everything in sight, including myself, is thoroughly watered. I bring this up because I'm housesitting this weekend and one of my duties is to water the plants. They should have checked with Jill about this. As I was outside diligently watering the sidewalk, the house, etc., a van went past about 6x. I'm pretty sure it was the water police. If it wasn't I just want to say that I'm housesitting in Tucson, AZ. (That is to throw them off the scent, see what a good spy I'd have made.)

So on to the next subject from my title: Cats. The people I am housesitting for have 3 cats. Since I'm trying to remain incognito I won't tell you their names. I will tell you a funny story about one of them. She (if you know them, now you know who it is) wanted to go outside this morning so I dutifully opened the back door for her. I stood there holding the door open and she just sat and looked up at me and meowed. Then she looked toward the front door. The way this house is the front & back doors are about - I don't know - maybe 8 feet apart. After a minute it dawned on me that she wanted out the front door. I opened the front door, she looked up at me as if to say thank you and trotted on out. I thought this was incredibly cute. Anyway now I have both doors open so all the cats can go in and out any they want.

And last but not least. They have Apple TV here and I thought I could plug my ipod into it and somehow listen to it through the TV. Apparently not. Well perhaps you can but I don't know how. This isn't really surprising since last time I stayed I couldn't even find the DVD player. Anyway I pushed buttons but nothing ever happened. I'm pretty sure I messed up the remote - don't tell them - I don't think they read this blog so I should be safe!

So those are my adventures in housesitting. Oh that would have made a nice title also. I've watered, blogged and had lunch. I don't think there is anything else I can do to put off working and studying math!

The lonely blog mistress (notice how I didn't put my name due to that watering & remote issue)

No comments: