Sunday, August 3, 2008

Silent Sunday (with an explanation)




























Being the ambitious, healthy, energetic person that I am (I hear a lot of laughing), I got up Saturday morning and went out to walk. I drove over to the San Leandro Marina, put on my Ipod and started out walking. After a short distance I heard the noise of an airplane. You can watch the planes coming in to land at the Oakland Airport and I like to watch them while I walk. I looked up but didn't see any plane because there were a lot of clouds. While I was scanning the sky watching for it to emerge from a cloud, I continued walking. Unfortunately I walked myself off the paved part of the walking trail and into the dirt. This is a drop of, I don't know, maybe 4-8 inches. Stepping off it while you aren't paying attention to what you are doing is a bad idea. I twisted my ankle and caused myself excruciating pain. So for Silent Sunday what you all get to look at is my ugly swollen, bruised foot! Warning: I wouldn't click on these to make them larger - my feet aren't that great looking!

Robin, the lonely (suffering) blog mistress

2 comments:

Deni said...

Oh my! I can really sympathize with you. It will take time :(! Once tried dancing, lost my footing, all my weight came down on one foot. It was like a cantaloupe for days...had to crawl from room to room! Hope you feel better soon and take good care :(!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Denise!