Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm Cranky, Humor Me

It's been a bit hot today and it is making me cranky. For the last 2 hours I've been sitting on my deck wandering around the Internet. That hasn't even cheered me up much. It has been kind of fun though. I found a way to plug the laptop in and use it on the deck (well actually I didn't do it, John did). Anyway it is kind of nice to sit out here except that bugs keep attacking me. It is somewhat cooler but still pretty warm.

Ok, back to the cranky part. When I was significantly younger I used to ride the bus to San Francisco to work. I had this theory that I was invisible. Apparently I wasn't because no one ever sat on me even when the bus was full & people were standing in the aisle. There is a point to this story, aside from reaffirming your belief that I need professional help. I think that this blog is invisible. No one is reading or commenting. Where is everyone or is it me? Come on folks, post something!!!!! No seriously I mean it. Post something!

We have had only one other poster in the last few months and while he is doing a remarkable (although generally late) job, I would like to see more participation. I am actually a great believer in participation and community and all that crap. Not for myself, mind you but I truly do believe it is important. It is how things get done, how people communicate and learn about each other and themselves.

Our (notice how I said our) other poster tells me that I shouldn't get upset if no one reads or comments because I'm doing this for myself. Well yes and no. It is for myself in the sense that I am part of this family but the idea is to share what is going on in people's lives. I know some of you are reading (I know many, many things) but you aren't commenting or posting! Truly I know you all believe I have nothing better to do than listen to myself and you're probably right. I'm actually quite enamoured with my writing. But I have other blogs where I can indulge myself - this one is about community, participation, etc., etc.

So the point of this little rant? One, to put up a post for today. Two, just to say I'm cranky, participate or else! Trust me, I'm not a nice person when I get cranky. You know that is a weird word. Say it three times. Weird huh?

Robin, the lonely (and cranky) blog mistress

1 comment:

Deni said...

The heat makes me very cranky, and I hear you on wanting more people to post! Somehow it is annoying when people are reading but not posting comments....