Monday, August 11, 2008

The Greatest Race Ever

Well sports fans. I've been pretty busy this week doing nothing more than sitting around watching the Olympics. For those of you who aren't familiar with what those are, they are a once-every-four-years sporting competition involving top athletes from all over the world. And for those folks and also those who haven't had a chance to watch them this year, last night the U.S. Men's 4 x 100m Relay Team pulled off one of the most remarkable comebacks in swimming history. You really had to have been there. But now, thanks to the beauty of the Internet, you can be. The link below to the video shows you what you missed. Watch it, you'll find yourself standing up and cheering. For those of you who don't know, Michael Phelps is without a doubt the greatest swimmer in history and will shortly own the record for the most number of gold medals ever at the Olympics and will be the greatest Olympic athlete ever. I'd also like to point out that Cullen Jones is a Black man and just won an Olympic gold medal, how cool is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.08 of a second - not being great at math I'm not exactly sure how much that is but it sounds pretty small.

I liked this part of the article: "I'm not going to lie," Lezak said. "When I flipped at the 50 and I still saw how far ahead he was, and he was the world-record holder 'til about two minutes before that, when Sullivan led off with the world record, I thought, it really crossed my mind for a split second, there's no way.

But he kept going and won. I think there is a lesson in this for all of us.

Nice post - I guess blogger is working now!