Monday, July 21, 2008

We're going to the end of the world

My apologies for the lateness of this post. I just realized that it's Monday. Kiko and I just spent a couple of hours planning our trip later this year to Patagonia. We are leaving near the end of October and will be gone for almost three weeks. We are going to fly to Buenos Aires and from there to Ushaia, the southernmost city in South America. Then we are going to work our way back up north via bus and boat, trekking along the way and generally having a good time while we try to stay warm. With the changing climate that we are all aware of, places like Patagonia and Ushaia are going to be hardest hit and first hit. So, if you ever thought you might want to go, go now because in 10 years it's going to be a completely different place. Anyway, I don't have a whole lot else to say, as I'm too excited about planning for this trip to think of anything else. 

Speaking of trips, if there are any of you out there who are interested (or if there are any of you out there at all), take a look at my pictures from my trip to Central Europe last month. You can see them at stexeira.smugmug.com.

Okay, talk to you all again soon. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty cool trip. Are you going to spend much time in Buenos Aires and/or Ushaia? Will it get hotter or colder there w/climate changes? Have you seen this book? Kind of expensive but it looks interesting. By the way someone may be calling you as I'm going to take out a $1 million life insurance policy on you. I'm sure you'll have a safe trip though.

Jill & I looked at the pictures the other day. She really liked them (I don't mean to imply I didn't but I had already seen them). Anyway before I get in any deeper - - all our loyal readers should look - there are some really great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow cool. I wasn't sure if it would work putting in the link that way but it did!

jet said...

A Patagonian Adventure sounds pretty exciting. Aren't there penguins or something down there? Maybe you'll see them. I've actually never had a desire to go south of the equator... something about the reverse seasons and different constellations - kind of scary! But it's fun to hear about other people doing these things. And less strenuous for me!