Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not Really A Post

Just a few odd ramblings from my slightly warped brain.

I'd like to begin by pointing out that I haven't posted anything since July 6th. Today is July 16th. One would assume that given such a lengthy absence I would have an email box full of questions such as: Where are the exciting posts we are used to? Are you ill, can I bring you food? Did the exercise finally kill you? We miss you, please, please post! I would like to say that such emails are crowding my box, alas that is not the case. Now you see the relevance of the quote from Eeyore to the right.

On the bright side, I've succeeded in one of my goals which was to keep my active email box to 20 or fewer emails. This is quite an accomplishment since the last time I let it pile up I had 300+ emails. That was about a month ago and since then I've been keeping it down. Pretty impressive isn't it!

I know very little that is going on around me in life (again, refer to quote from Eeyore to the right). I did hear today that Elizabeth had dental surgery on Monday and had a swollen face. Apparently I knew this but given my advanced age and senility, I had forgotten. Anyway you can all think positive thoughts about Elizabeth and hopefully that will ease her pain.

I went to Petsmart today and spent $79 on cat food. That is quite a bit of money for cat food. Actually I also bought a toy (1.75), a brush (5.99), and 2 new bowls (3.99/4.99). All the rest was food. Pippin only eats Friskies packets (beef, turkey, chicken or salmon - no tuna) so when they have his food I buy all the boxes so I don't have to run around to other stores looking for it. I live in fear that they'll quit making this. He is an extremely stubborn cat - I've tried repeatedly to get him to eat something else but he never gives in. I bought them new bowls because they were cute and I bought the brush because I want to start brushing Mellifera. Her fur feels funny & I decided it needs to be brushed. I tried when I got home but she ran away and won't come see me now.

Oh what else? I started the South Beach diet yesterday. For the first 2 weeks you don't eat any carbohydrates. So far it is going fine - of course this is only day 2. If you are interested in my progress you can check out my Accountability blog.

Right now it is 4:40 pm and Jill already has her pj's on. She is pretending to be sick. I hate sick people. Earlier she came home with something in a Trader Joe's bag and said it was my birthday gift. It was moving so I'm a little worried.

I received my copy of The New Yorker today with the cover mentioned by Monday's poster. I'm wondering if some day it will be worth a lot of money.

I bought myself a birthday gift which arrived today - Elizabeth I, The Virgin Queen - this is a 4-hr Masterpiece Theatre presentation. I watched it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it so I decided to buy it. I also bought The Uncrowned Kings of England: The Black History of the Dudleys and the Tudor Throne. This is a really good book and I think you should all read it. The author, Derek Wilson also wrote another book called Sweet Robin: A Biography of Robert Dudley. For some reason that book is only available starting at $69. It is also a good book but I really can't figure out why it is so expensive. Anyway you can check it out from the library if you want to read it but only from the Berkeley Public Library, Alameda County doesn't have it. Just as an aside, did you know that you can get a FREE library card from the Berkeley library even if you don't live in Berkeley? Pretty exciting isn't it? I love libraries.

That's pretty much my life - fairly boring but I had nothing else to say!

Robin, the lonely blog mistress


2 comments:

stexeira said...

I didn't know that E wasn't having dental surgery. I am a sub-Eeyore, I guess. Though, like the poster, I do know now. Congratulations on the second day of the diet. That's one day better than the first day. Twice as good, really. By the way, if you really want to get your cat to eat something else, stop buying the expensive food. Eventually he'll eat whatever you put in front of him if that's all there is. What you're doing instead is teaching him that if he turns up his nose at food you'll eventually give him what you want, something cats are inclined to learn pretty quickly. Oh, one last thing, which cat got the more expensive bowl and how do they feel about it?

Anonymous said...

Mellifera got the more expensive bowl - I wasn't going to point that out to them but now they'll probably read it and I'm pretty sure Pippin will get his feelings hurt. He is very sensitive. I don't think now would be the time to change his food. I can't quit buying his food - I'd give in before he would. Someone should have told me when I first brought him home that I was supposed to train him. Instead he has trained me and I have to say he's done an excellent job. I stumble out of bed at 4am to feed him. Of course the option is to have my nose bit. Not that it would matter, stubbornness is not one of my virtues (or defects depending on your viewpoint I guess).