Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pippin

Pippin was a little upset that Mellifera got to make a movie. He kind of sulked about it for a few days but he wouldn't cooperate and do his own movie. I told him that instead of a movie I'd post a couple of pictures and tell everyone about him.

Pippin (and Mellifera) will be 4 years old on August 22nd. He is a big, handsome cat - he weighs about 14 pounds - and has very soft, silky fur. He is a little bit spoiled. Ok a lot actually. He sort of runs the house. When he was born Jill kept saying I should take one of the kittens. I was a little interested but mostly reluctant as I'm not much of an animal person. Then I saw this little teeny runt with big bat ears and just fell in love. I'm not noted for my ability to be tough with people or cats that I love, which is why when Pippin says jump, I say how high.

You'll notice in the top picture that he is stretched out on my bed. That is one of his favorite tricks. He'll stretch across my bed and when I want to go to sleep just look at me with an expression that pretty much says, get out of here. I gingerly wiggle around and squeeze into the small space left to me. Once I'm all settled, cramped into a space barely big enough for a cat, he'll get up and move. I think he enjoys watching me try and maneuver around him. You'd think at that point I'd be safe for the night. Nope, he waits until 4 or 5 am and decides he wants to eat. I've tried to show him how to open a packet himself but he isn't interested. Instead he walks on me and meows until I get up. Sometimes I think I can outsmart him and pretend that I don't hear. Then he comes up and meows right in my face and bites at my nose. I get up after that.

It's ok though because he makes up for everything by being an incredibly sweet cat. After I take a shower, a lot of days I'll open the door to find him waiting outside. He'll run ahead of me into my room, jump up on the bed and wait for me to lay down and cuddle with him. He purrs and purrs and then curls himself into a little ball with my arm around him and lets me lay my head on his tummy and pet him. See why I'm willing to get up and feed him at 4 am!

So that is my story about Pippin. He has approved everything I've written and I think he is happy now.

Robin, the lonely blog mistress

1 comment:

Deni said...

Love it! LOL, first the kitties take over our houses, then our blogs :)! I'm sure he enjoys watching you manuever around for his comfort....and just like Neko, he gets you up at 4 or 5AM to eat! Pippin always has such a sweet yet mischievious way about him when I visit :).