Thursday, July 3, 2008

25 Things You Probably Don't Care About

  1. Barbie's measurements (if she were life-size): 39-23-33
  2. Coca-cola was originally green
  3. Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treasury
  4. The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters
  5. First novel ever written on a typewriter was "Tom Sawyer"
  6. There are more collect calls on Father's Day than any other day of the year
  7. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs
  8. Men get hiccups more often than women
  9. Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better
  10. Chances that an American lives within 50 mi of where he/she grew up: 1 in 2.
  11. City with the most Rolls Royces per capita: Hong Kong
  12. State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
  13. Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38
  14. Estimated percentage of American adults who go on a diet each year: 44
  15. Percentage of Americans who say that God has spoken to them: 36
  16. City with the highest per capita viewership of TV evangelists: Washington DC
  17. Number of different familial relationships for which Hallmark makes cards: 105
  18. Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000
  19. Percentage of Americans who have visited Disneyland or Disney World: 70
  20. Portion of ice cream sold that is vanilla: 1/3
  21. Portion of potatoes sold that are French-fried: 1/3
  22. Percentage of mammal species that are monogamous: 3
  23. Only first lady to carry a loaded revolver: Eleanor Roosevelt
  24. Only president to win a Pulitzer: John F. Kennedy, for "Profiles in Courage"
  25. The youngest pope was 11 years old
Robin, the lonely blog mistress


2 comments:

stexeira said...

Actually, very fascinating stuff. And I do care about many of them. I'm glad to hear that more Monopoly money is printed than real money. The cow thing is interesting, but I'm not sure how I'll use that at this point (though I'm sure I will). I've always known that women could hear better, and I was distressed to realize I'm in the 50 percent that lives within 50 miles of where I grew up. 105 familial relationships even exist? I came up with 21. I'm also in the 70 percent of Americans who have visited one of the Disneys, though I've never been a first lady, and I've never carried a revolver. All in all, a very interesting list.

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the list. I liked the 11 year old Pope best. I meant to look that up & see who it was.