Sunday, August 12, 2012

Really? It's been that long?

I have been neglecting my blog for the last six months. It's hard to believe it's been that long! I think I just ran out of steam for awhile but let's see if I can get back into this! Since I'm basically a lazy person and it's 105 here today, I think I'll start easy with a few pictures.

The first one is a buggy that goes from Old Sacramento to the State Capitol. I was parked by the Capitol today (in a nice shady spot) and saw the buggy coming down the street. Nos 2&5 are sidewalk art pictures from my walks. Nos 3&4 are pretty ones that I took in the State Capitol Park.

Ok, that was an easy post! I think I can ease back into this. Assuming I don't have a heat stroke. It's been over a 100 the last few days and in the high 90's prior to that. The rest of this week is supposed to be around 100. I spoke with my daughter the other day and she was in Half Moon Bay. By the ocean. Looking at fog. I'm sitting here in 100+ heat and she's looking at the ocean and fog. That's the nice thing about being in the Bay Area; you can drive to the ocean within a reasonable time. It's not such a reasonable time from Sacramento. . . ah well.

I do love living here but I hate the heat! I've decided it's just like any relationship, there are one or two things you just really don't like. Unfortunately the one thing I don't like goes on and on and on and on all summer long. Sure it gets hot in the Bay Area but only for a few days at a time. Then the fog moves in and it cools off. Sacramento has no off button in the summer. I am desperately awaiting fall. I love fall and I love Sacramento in the fall. I am literally counting the days!







1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Robin!! How the heck are you? besides hot. Been really hot here too. In the 90s for almost 2 months. I've been loving it. What have you been up to anyway.