Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paris!

Goodness Paris has been popping up the last few days. I've decided it's a sign and I'm going to win the lottery so I can go. Of course I don't buy tickets so it will be difficult. . .

I started reading a book called The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry by Kathleen Flinn. It's one that I've had sitting around for awhile but haven't read. I'm about half-way through and really enjoying it. The author lost her job and decided to use her savings to move to Paris and attend Le Cordon Bleu. The story is definitely not making me want to attend Le Cordon Bleu but it does make me want to go to Paris. I've been there, but only for one day. It would be so amazing to be able to live there!

This morning someone I follow on Facebook posted a picture from this article: The most beautiful Metro stations in Paris! These are incredible!  The stations I saw were not at all as beautiful. Here's a few highlights from the article! 

This one is my favorite. It's the Place Colette entrance to the Palais Royal-Musee du Louvre station. It was redesigned in 2000 with arches of big glass beads.



This is the Abbesses Station. It is one of the few art nouveau stations which still has its glass canopy at the entrance.



These two pictures are from the Concorde Station. The walls look like one gigantic word search puzzle. Each tile has a letter, and together they’re the words to the Declaration of the Rights of Man from the French Revolution of 1789.



This is the Cite station. It has a beautiful art nouveau entrance, it also has pretty globe lighting along the track itself, reminiscent of old fashioned street lights.


3 comments:

Coupons said...

I love the beaded arches!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Though I have no desire to go to Paris, I hope you find a way to go and spend more than one day. Go buy a lottery ticket. You never know. Thin positive!!
xx, Carol

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sorry, that was THINK positive.